Working from home has its ups and downs. Sure, it is nice working in your pajamas and setting your own schedule, but you may find yourself in trouble if you are finding other “tasks” to complete around your house versus your work. The trick is to set the right hours and set the right rules.
This week, we would like to share a few tips that will make working from home a much better experience:
- Set your work hours. You may not want to work from 9 to 5, but you should at least work from 10-noon, or even 11-4.
- If you have children, consider hiring a nanny so you can focus during work hours.
- Create a comfortable office space (not in your bed!) Having a desk equipped with office supplies and far away from distractions will put you in business mode.
- Use a separate phone line for business calls, whether you purchase a work cell phone or a separate phone line.
- Get up and get dressed! Getting ready for the day will put you in the right state of mind.
- Having trouble working from home? Head to a local café with Wi-Fi to get work done.
Following the tips above may make working from home easier and much more efficient. Also, if you are working from home, you may need a specialized insurance policy to eliminate the fear of the unexpected. Without the right coverage in place, you may be putting yourself at risk. A typical business insurance policy may not cut it, but a Home Office policy will!
If you are interested in learning more about our Home Office options, do not hesitate to contact our agents at Mitchell and Mitchell Insurance Agency. We want to ensure that you are covered, whether you are working out of your office or your home office. Give us a call today!