In just a few weeks, college students will be graduating! If you will be graduating with an accounting degree, congratulations! The next step: pass the CPA exam.
You may have learned a lot in school, from working with numbers to being educated on the importance of accountants insurance. However, preparing for this important exam is critical. If you do not set time aside to study and prepare, you may not end up passing. So how should you prepare? Here are a few tips:
- First, accept the fact that you may not pass the first time. This is a tough exam and should not be thought of as an easy feat! It requires preparation and a lot of studying.
- Buddy up with friend who will be taking the exam as well. Studying together may help you focus and retain information.
- If you are already working in the field, speak with your supervisor. Some employers may actually pay for CPA review courses and exam fees.
- Do not avoid review courses! This is a great way to get extra help, tips and advice.
- Familiarize yourself with the word processor and spreadsheet application before the big day.
So are you ready to ace the exam? We sure hope so! We believe that with the right attitude and studying techniques, you should tackle this exam with ease.
Once you are in the world of accounting, you will soon figure out that protection is crucial (if you did not know already!) If you decide to start your own firm, you will need to speak with us at Mitchell & Mitchell Insurance Agency about an accountants insurance policy. We would be more than happy to discuss your options.
Congratulations again on graduating!