Are you having trouble recruiting and staffing your CPA firm? You are not alone! In fact, according to a recent study conducted by the Private Companies Practice section of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, “research shows that staffing is the biggest management challenge for non-national firms and has been for the last several years.”
While you may be your go-to for accountants insurance knowledge, we are also knowledgeable in the CPA field. This week, we have a few tips that may help simply staffing:
- Establish a staffing team. These individuals should figure out exactly what positions need to be filled and are responsible for putting together job descriptions. Goals and qualifications must be realistic!
- Advertise the job positions are best as you can. Take advantage of the internet by posting on credible job-search sites.
- You must be just as prepared for an interview as the candidate! Make sure you have a list of questions prepared.
- Consider hiring interns. If you have little jobs around the office that need tending to, an intern would be a great choice. Hey, depending on their skills and work ethic, you may even end up hiring them in the end!
- Develop relationships with state colleges and universities. This is a great way to recruit new talent and graduates.
Are you ready to hire the right accountants for your CPA firm?
Once you are fully staffed, you may want to check in on your accountants insurance. It is important to go over everything from workers compensation to group benefits. Contact our agents at Mitchell and Mitchell Insurance Agency today; we would be happy to speak with you!